Saturday 20 March 2010

If I knew then what I know now…

This post is in response to the EVE Blog Banter #16 question from ChainTrap of the Into the unknown with gun and camera Eve Blog. He asked: What do you wish that someone had taken the time to tell you when you were first starting out? Or what have you learned in the interim that you'd like to share with the wider Eve community?"

A confession. I had a lucky start in Eve. My other-half had been playing for some time already and he’s one of those pilots who just soaks the whole game up. Fittings, dos & don’ts, where to go and where to avoid, the best mission agents to use and even skill planning; he helped me with the lot. He’s not the most patient of teachers and I am not the easiest of students either but I know that his presence was a big factor in me sticking with the game and not making too much of an arse of myself.

But even with this handy knowledge crutch to lean on I still had no easy ride into New Eden. For most of my first year I had a headache and I still get the odd migraine. So I guess if I could start again there would be certain things relating to specific incidents that I should like to have been forewarned about.

So I compiled a little list of points that I will go tell my former self when the Jovian’s give us time travel…


1. If you are a carebear, in a carebear corp, and you get wardecced by professional mercs, don’t think you can undock and kill 5 of them in your pve Dominix. No matter how enthusiastic you are feeling.

2. Gates don’t need to be pointed. Doing so will just upset the sentry guns.

3. If you pop on a station you cannot insta dock your pod. So spam warp not dock.

4. Check your overview is set up correctly after a cache reset/overview import.

5. If it takes more than 5 attempts to type your login password then you are probably too drunk to play Eve and should go to bed.

6. If you ignore point 5 and decide to play anyway then don’t sit uncloaked on a gate in your Helios talking dirty to the local war targets :-/

7. For Gods sake don’t ever go shopping when you are drunk

8. Don’t take Eve arguments to bed. Eve – RL. Yes there is a line in between even if your household is full of Eve addicts!

9. Buy more Technetium.

10. Low sec is fun, so stop being such a pansy and go get your pewpew on ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment