Tuesday 17 May 2011

Escalations, pvp style!

I've been meaning to write about this fight since it happened last Friday but rl and some new developments in corp have not allowed for much blogging lately. Lock out wrote a spiffing battle report on failheap so I've asked permission to plagiarise that instead:

----------------------------------------
[Posted by Lock out]

Ok, long story long on the Quam supers.

As FW is literally dead cos we know each others tricks too well after 2 years, SOTF has started roaming nullsec with our esteemed opponents from caldari militia, Wolfsbrigade. As we were forming up for a shield roam in to Syndicate, we got intel on a Quam gang of faction BS with only a couple of guardians. The smal number of logistics made it plain obvious that they had a hotdrop prepared, so we figured if we can escalate, we would get them to drop some supers, especially knowing that it doesn't take much encouragement for Quam to field some Nyxs ;)

We reshipped in to BS with logi, I hopped in a triage archon well knowing that if things go according to plan it will be a sacrificial lamb, got some HICs for good measure and proceeded to batphone Raiden. who were out bashing a station. As moving the supers in to jump range of Black Rise/Essence/Placid was gonna take a while, our BS fleet had to dance with Quam for a while, staying close enough to keep them interested but far enough so they are not forced in to a fight when we didn't have the backup in place yet.

As they were getting bored and heading towards Heyd , we got word that backup is in place, so we proceeded chasing. With them making best speed to Indregulle it was looking like they either figured that we took too long and we had a tarp or they just got bored and were heading home. Our scout was instructed to let them know in local that we will fight, and to our delight we instantly got reports of them holding on murethand gate in indregulle.

We primaried a Vindicator and lit the cyno, I jumped my archon in and triaged. Within the next 10 seconds they replied with a cyno of their own, but much to our disappointment, all that came in were 2 archons. Even bigger of a surprise (and bit of a mistake if I may say) was that both their archons triaged simultaneously. At this point in the fight we had the upper hand due to our superior numbers, the fact that we had 7-8 guardians in addition to the triage archon and not least the great work of our falcon pilot who kept the Bhaalgorn jammed, ensuring I stay cap happy. The only issue we had was that we could not break their reps either, the Vindi and the Navy Geddon we switched to at some point beeing repped up in no time. But that was all about to change within the next minute.

Reports came on comms that we managed to neut dry one of the 2 archons, so taking advantage of the fact that triage did not allow him to be remote repped and lack of cap prevented him from self repping, we proceeded to primary him. As he was entering structure, they decided that they should do the same to us, so they started shooting my archon. Fortunately, with a fat capacitor, I was able to rep till the end of the triage cycle, exiting triage afterwards and getting reps from our logis. Their archon exploded , probably seconds before finishing his triage cycle, and by now it was clear that they either escalate further or lose at least a second carrier if not some faction BS too. Our HIC pilots who waited a jump out are getting impatient due to missing carrier kills and are asking if they should come in, they are beeing told yes, then 2 seconds later are beeign told to hold, Raiden. are also getting impatient and would like to come in to at least get some kills, but are persuaded to wait some more, and indeed half a minute later everyone's patience pays off when 3 Nyxs pop up on our overviews. We light a new cyno, the Raiden. supers come in, my Archon has fulfilled it's purpose so it's now exploding to the Quam nyxs, those nyxs explode to Raiden Nyxs and everyone except for Quam has a happy friday night.

Mad props to Raiden. for forming up and moving so quickly and also for reimbursing the carrier loss, to SOTF and W-BR for making things go exactly as planned in the beginning and to Quam for going down fighting.

Original Post: http://failheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=256&p=57999#p57999

Slightly squiffy Battle report: (will update shortly when eve kill is back up)


----------------------------------------


And I'll add to that my own massive props to W-BR and our FC. It’s the first time I've been in a proper fleet lead by dirty squids. Whilst I've seen some fun pvp "escalations" before with baits, batphones, cynos and surprise buttsecks, I don't think I've ever seen such a fight put together and executed so quickly and perfectly before.

For my own part, I had been geared up for the originally planned shield fleet that night and when the call to ship to armour went out I was ill prepared. I think I had the only BC on the field when it first kicked off and despite sterling reps I of course did not last long. As I ran my pod next door to dock up I was chuffed to find an abandoned Vexor in the station hanger all ready to undock... yes of course I went back and ninjad, oh it was such joyful whoring.

Some purdy pics, albeit my graphics are down low at the moment:







Another escalation of sorts is about to kick off for me and my corp mates as SoTF will leave the Gallente Militia again in a few days. Off we go to our next adventure in our ongoing quest for glorious pewpew. I shall tell more of this soon (tm).

o/

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun!
    I spent last night being killed by a combined NC., Raiden. and PL fleet! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Props to Lock out for the battlereport, a fun read.

    ReplyDelete