Monday 1 March 2010

( . )( . )

So... yes there are boobs in this blog.

I am a girlfriend, sister, daughter, and most recently a mother too. I also happen to play a hell of a lot of Eve.

As far as anyone that knows me in-game is concerned I am no different to one of the guys. They scratch, I adjust. They get man-flu, I have periods. They drool over the female cast of Firefly. I stalk Jamie Bamber on Facebook. It's really all the same round here.

Of course, there are certain pitfalls and challenges for any female embarking on a journey through the Eve gate. Such as trying to read the map without getting a headache, going to Jita and not spending a fortune on a load of crap you didn't actually set out for, and attempting to keep a level head when the painters & decorators are due in. Now that one can be tough at times, I really don't know how Hellcats manage. I've also learned that "the shiney gold one" doesn't cut it when giving intel for a fleet. Who knew?

There are indeed a lot of women playing Eve, many seem to have taken to it like a duck to water. Others, like myself, take longer to get to grips with everything. "Pregnancy brain" made things even harder at times and I confess I've sat at my keyboard trying to work something out with a thumping headache and mustered all the will in the world to not throw my PC out of the window.

But even so it is worth it. I knew this even in the early days of my journey when I really had no clue about anything. The depth and immense possibility that is on offer here far outweighs that of any other type of MMO that I've come across (and I've been through a few).

Eve is a cruel, harsh environment and relentlessly unforgiving. Every action can have a consquenece. Every decision can affect someone else in New Eden.

And of course, when your ship pops the explosion is just the same, no matter what your sex, race, religion or taste in Internet pron may be. And that's just how I like it.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Funny post, and great blog. I'm looking forward to the next post. Thanks for the shout-out! I've added you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Welcome to Eve, I love your style of down-to-earth writing.

    I've added you to www.evebloggers.com - welcome to the community!

    ReplyDelete